Enrollment Registration

Enrollment Information page Click Here

What to bring

Parents and guardians will need to bring the following documents and forms to enroll a child in their neighborhood school. Read further down for details.

Proof of current address

Documentation by the parent or legal guardian that the child resides at an address within the school’s attendance boundary. Preferred documentation to establish proof of residence includes the following. A school may request one or more of the following be provided:

Rental/lease agreement, mortgage document, or current real property assessment document in the parent/guardian's name.

A signed and accepted offer to a lease agreement from the leasing office is acceptable, if the following are included: Parent/legal guardian's name and signature with date of acceptance; residential address; effective date of offer; available unit date; and, deadline to respond date.

Utility bill for water, electric, gas or telephone that indicates that the billing is in the parent/guardian’s name and is being sent to the house; and

If the parent or legal guardian cannot provide documentation of legal residence because the parent/legal guardian is living with a relative/friend, a notarized statement by the relative/friend can be accepted by the school with the following stipulation:

  • (a) Notarized statement must state that the parent/legal guardian and child are living with the relative/friend;

  • (b) Notarized statement must state the name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence;

  • (c) Notarized statement must state the same address of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence;

  • (d) A copy of the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence must be attached to the notarized statement; and

  • (e) Notarized statement must be signed by same name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence.

Falsification of documents submitted is subject to penalty under Hawaii Revised Statutes 710-1063, resulting in the child being sent back to the school where he/she should properly be attending. The Department may pursue prosecution at its discretion. Children experiencing homelessness are covered by enrollment guidelines provided in the McKinney-Vento Act.

Documents from a previous school

These can include a release packet with an unofficial transcript or latest report card, and for special education students, the Individual Education Plan.

Legal Documents

Documents may include:

  • Power of Attorney if the child is not living with the parents.

  • Temporary Restraining Order.

  • Guardianship documents.

  • Legal name change.

  • Court orders.